Friday, June 24, 2011

Check out my garden!

I started a garden about a month ago, and it's doing great, for the most part. The big winner so far is my Roma tomato plant, which seems to be taking up more than its fair share of space.

I originally started it out based on the Square Foot Gardening technique, but I was not terribly precise when I did the actual planting, so it looks more "organic" now. Yeah, it's not "messy", it's "organic".

The fence is to keep out the bunnies. We have a whole bunch of them that live under the deck. Since they can't eat my plants, they eat the strawberries in my neighbor's garden. :)

Look at all these tomatoes!
I don't even like tomatoes.
I plan to use these for pizza sauce when they get ripe. I figure that's the next step in pizza making, now that I have the dough and cooking process going fairly well.

I'm growing strawberries too, but I only have 2 growing so far.
that tiny white thing in the center = potential yum.
Next year will be even bigger and better, now that I know I can grow stuff without killing it, and what works and doesn't.
I have an automatic watering system going on, using a drip hose on a timer. Laziness is awesome.