Friday, June 3, 2011

A better grilled pizza!

This time when I made the pizza on the grill, I didn't screw it up! Not too badly, at least.


The slight charring on the bottom means that I actually got the pizza stone hot enough - something I have been unable to do in my oven. The top of the crust was less cooked than I'd like, but it tasted great! It was still moist inside and crispy on the outside, just about perfect!

The grill temperature was around 600 when I put the pizza in. I left the grill open longer than I wanted though, so a lot of the hot air escaped. This is a problem with grilled pizza that I will have to work on. I do not yet have an IR thermometer, so I'm not sure exactly how hot the stone itself was, but since it's right over the propane burners that were all set to HIGH, I'd guess it was pretty hot.

I think I'm a little obsessed.