Sunday, January 9, 2011

Best breakfast

I asked myself, "Self, what could make some homemade banana pancakes even better?"

I answered myself, "Self, I do believe that bacon would make those better, as bacon makes everything better."

I've seen bacon pancakes in the past, where they put a whole (or half) strip of bacon in a pancake, but that seems like it would make it tough to cut. We like our pancakes nice and soft, and able to cut with a fork.
This is the wrong way.
This is the correct way to make bacon pancakes:
Take some bacon, cut it into small pieces, then cook it up so it has some crispy bits, and some chewy bits. Set it aside. Oh, and save the drippings, because that's some good stuff.

The batter is pretty basic, with the addition of a smooshed up banana. Serve with some warm maple syrup, and a runny egg!
Coming up next: The answer to the culinary puzzle from the last post!