Monday, January 24, 2011

Cookie experiment...

To hold up my end of the Cookie Exchange, I baked some of my standard coconut macaroons (that's a great standby because they travel really well).

I also tried something that I saw on the interwebs today, but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I packaged it up for the cookie recipient anyway. :) I was told by Angie that they tasted great even though they didn't look right.

The idea was to have an oreo cookie stuffed inside of a regular chocolate chip cookie. (as seen here) But I definitely used waaaay too much cookie for each oreo, and they blobbed out like some wild amoeba.







I could have gotten away with half the amount of cookie...






















Because they ended up like this:







All in all though, it could have turned out a lot worse. But Angie is definitely encouraging me to try again (so she can eat the failures!)

How badly have you screwed up your food experiments?